Saturday, June 23, 2012

Caught in the Act Book Review

Lori Foster's Caught in the Act is about an undercover cop, Mick, who falls in love with a suspense writer, Delilah. He's been watching her pass his favorite cafe and when he finally gets the courage to approach her, some jerk tried to shoot her.  Mick took a bullet for her which lead to Delilah kissing him.  The writing style was pretty good, everything was described beautifully and really painted itself in my mind.  I like how their love is so true, but I didn't like how they fell in love fast -- a little too fast for my taste.  I'd have preferred if their love started off small or unnoticed and then slowly grew.  I also didn't like how Delilah goes on like being a published writer isn't a big deal.  She is a bit of an enigma.  I remember the noting in my eBook that she was a sexy version of Annie Wilkes (the enigma from Misery).  Delilah's delicate and feminine, but she's a sucker for danger.  Overall, I give this story 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment